It’s All Good!
Take advantage of peach season in South Louisiana with this delicious and refreshing smoothie. This nutritious summer snack is low in fat and provides a serving of vitamin-C and potassium rich fruits plus a serving of calcium rich dairy.
- 2 cups vanilla low fat yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large banana
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sliced peaches
- 2 12 oz glasses
- Add the yogurt and vanilla extract to a blender and pulse to combine. Add 1/3 cup of the mixture from the blender to the bottom of each glass.
- Add the banana and orange juice to the blender with the remaining yogurt mixture and blend until pureed. Add ½ cup of the mixture to each of the glasses.
- Gently shake the glasses from side to side to distribute the mixture into an even layer.
- Add the frozen peaches to the rest of the ingredients remaining in the blender, and blend until pureed. Use a spoon to gently add the puree to each glass, dividing the remaining mixture evenly between the two glasses.