It’s All Fun!
This exciting craft will help make your yard a little greener and give your little gardeners an opportunity to watch the plants grow over time. The best part is when it’s time for the silly hairy friends to get a haircut! Once the “hair” gets longer, allow your kiddos to trim the grass. Don’t worry about cutting too short, it will grow back in no time!
- Spray Paint
- Googly Eyes
- Potting Soil
- Grass Seed
- Paint Brush
- Large Spoon
- Spray Bottle
- Make sure your container is clean and dry. Then, use spray on primer to prepare your container for the paint.
- Let the primer dry before spray painting your container a fun color. Then, flip the container over and paint the top edge of the inside of the container. Let the paint dry completely before you move to the next step.
- Using googly eyes, buttons, rick-rack, and ribbon, allow the kiddos to decorate the container into a silly face.
- Fill the container with potting soil before sprinkling grass seed on top of the soil.
- Keep the grass seed moist using a spray bottle with a fine mist and you will have “hair” growing within a week.