What a time to be thankful! Let’s celebrate Thanksgiving by adding some extra fun to the dinner table with these delicious pumpkin recipes that even the little ones will gobble down.
Pumpkin Spice Glazed Wings
- 3 cups pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Cajun seasoning
- 12 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 12 Tablespoons pumpkin spice
- 6 Tablespoons granulated onion
- 5 Tablespoons pink salt
- 3 Tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 Tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 24 lbs chicken wings
- 1.5 cups cornstarch
- 1.5 cups flour
Pumpkin Spice Glaze
- Combine maple syrup, Cajun seasoning, dark brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, granulated onion, salt, mustard powder, granulated garlic and melted butter in a large stainless bowl. Whisk to incorporate.
- Season wings lightly with the dry ingredients above. I usually reserve a little before I add the melted butter.
- Set the fryer to 375°F. For each serving, toss 1 pound of wings with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch/flour mixture until well coated. Fry until golden brown.
- Drain wings and transfer to a large bowl with the pumpkin spice glaze. Toss to coat. Serve.
Source: Odom’s Kitchen ■ eatwithodoms.com
Too Easy Pumpkin Banana Bread
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin
- 3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease and flour an 8.5×4.5-inch loaf pan or spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas and the pumpkin with the melted butter. Then, add the sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir well with a large wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt over the banana and pumpkin mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add flour and stir until no streaks of flour remain. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Slice and serve. ■