- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 3 ounces jello (strawberry)
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 8 ounces whip topping (cool)
- 4 cups strawberries (fresh, sliced)
- Using a food processor, pulse graham crackers until crumbly. Mix in sugar, ground cinnamon, and melted butter until crust forms.
- Press graham cracker crust into a 9-inch spring-form pan. Place pie crust in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, add boiling water and gelatin powder. Whisk gelatin powder until completely dissolved. Then, add ½ cup cold water and ½ cup ice cubes, whisk until gelatin is slightly thickened. TIP: Let the gelatin mixture sit for 10 minutes to thicken slightly before you add the cool whip otherwise it won’t set up.
- Add cool whip topping to gelatin mixture and whisk together until light and fluffy. Stir in sliced strawberries. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Add strawberry pie filling to pie crust. Refrigerate for up to 6 hours or until firm. Top with cool whip and a sliced strawberry.