It’s All Good!
Cauliflower pizza is a fun and enjoyable way to add variety to your family’s diet. The mini cauliflower pizza crusts are a flavorful and lower calorie alternative to traditional wheat pizza crusts. Cauliflower provides vitamins C and K in addition to dietary fiber, and may help reduce inflammation and boost the immune system.
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan (optional)
- ¼ Tbsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ Tbsp. ground oregano
- ¼ Tbsp. ground basil
- ¼ Tbsp. garlic powder
- ¼ Tbsp. onion powder
- ¼ Tbsp. salt
- ½ cup pizza or marinara sauce
- Toppings: spinach, mushrooms, green bell pepper, purple onion, and 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Break the cauliflower head into smaller pieces and use a food processor to chop it finely.
- Place the finely chopped cauliflower into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it on high for 8 minutes.
- Place the cauliflower into a towel and wring out as much excess water as possible. The cauliflower should look and feel doughy.
- Mix the egg, cheese, and seasonings into the cauliflower and combine thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the cauliflower dough onto the baking sheet in 1/3 cup portions, pressing each portion into a flat, round disk. Space each pizza at least two inches apart.
- Place the mini crusts in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove the crusts from the oven and add 1 Tbsp. of pizza sauce to each crust.
- Place the toppings and cheese onto the mini pizzas and return them to the oven for an additional 10 minutes. If using spinach, place the spinach on top of sauce then add the cheese on top of the spinach to prevent it from over cooking.