Holy Family School
Holy Family School cordially invites you to attend their open house on Thursday, February 1, 2018 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Registration for the 2018-19 school year will begin in February. Registration fees will be due February 22, 2018. Student fees and Technology fees will be due March 22, 2018. Maintenance fee will be due April 19, 2018.
Holy Family School provides a solid foundation spiritually, academically, and athletically in PreK4-eighth grades. We are accredited through AdvancED and the Louisiana Department of Education. Our children hold honors in the Duke Merit Scholarship Program, reading, mathematics, social studies, science, and the Young Christian Award.
We have three computer labs, a high school equipped science lab, 5th Generation Promethean Interactive Boards, educational interventionists, and a student/teacher ratio of 18:1.
In addition to our challenging curriculum including high school Algebra 1 and English 1, we offer enrichments in visual and performing arts, technology, robotics, Beta Club, 4-H, Quiz Bowl, Youth Legislation, Math Competition Team, and an athletics program with 11 different sports.
Financial Asst. & Scholarships Yes
Family Discount No
Cafeteria B/L B/L
Transportation Service Yes
Accreditation LDOE, LRSCE, NCEA, SACS
Religious Affiliation Catholic
Year Established 1949
Principal/Headmaster Michael Comeau
Registration Fee $190
Book/Supply Fee $90
Tuition Range $4,300-$4,700
Grades Taught PreK4-8
Total Enrollment 410
Total Faculty 42
335 N. Jefferson Ave.
Port Allen, Louisiana 70767
- Academically we continue to move forward and get stronger with every competition.
- We had 123 students on the Principal’s List (All A’s).
- We had 135 students on the Honor Roll (All A’s and B’s).
- That gives us a total of 66% of our students achieving excellent grades.
- We have 20 7th graders in Advance Placement or pre-algebra and 16 8th graders in algebra. With these programs, our students can leave Holy Family School with 6 credit hours towards their high school education.
- Our math club has 24 of our 7th and 8th graders that competed in a Math Competition at Catholic High School. Out of 14 trophies that we had an opportunity to win we took home ELEVEN. The math team’s overall performance was stellar.
- For First in Math, which is a math program that the children in elementary school use throughout the year, the statistics are as follows:
- First in Math Statistics for week of December 5, 2016
- Holy Family School is ranked 3rd in the state.
- Holy Family School is ranked 2nd in the diocese.
- Our Jr. Beta Club walked away with awards in quiz bowl from the district Beta Club day.
- Our Robotics Club, has begun their competitions and will be continuing them throughout the year.
- Robotics - We have 20 2nd graders and 24 3rd graders. They are working on doing Jr. First Lego League.
- Our 4th -8th graders are combined into one group. We have 17 students in this group. 9 are in 4th grade, 6 in 5th, 1 in 6th and 1 in 7th. They do First Lego League and use EV3 robots. They competed in a qualifying event at Scotlandville back in mid-November and one of our teams qualified to participate in the State Championship. Across the state there are around 120 FLL teams and only 60 qualified to the State Championship so this is a big accomplishment for Holy Family. In addition, at the Qualifying Competition we had one team win the Judges Award and they received a trophy.
- Our Advanced Robotics group meets on Wednesdays. We have 10 kids in Advanced. 5 5th graders, 1 6th grader and 5 7th graders. The 5th and 6th graders are working on a VEX IQ robot and they anticipate competing in January. The 4 7th graders are working on a First Tech Challenge and they use a Tetrix robot. They also anticipate competing in January. The 7th graders also represented Holy Family School at the BETA club robotics challenge in mid-November using an NXT Lego Robot.
- All Students - Separate from our robotics club, our school participates in the Hour of Code. This is a global movement reaching 180+ countries this week, during Computer Science Week. This is the 3rd year Holy Family has participated.
- Our teams in football, cross country and swimming finished strong with our 7/8th grade team almost making it to the Bruin Bowl.
- Football results - The 8th grade team was 4-2 this season. Wins over OLOM, St. John, STM and MBS. They were 3-3 last season so an improvement over last year.
- The 6th grade team was 2-2-2, with wins over St Theresa and St Jude, ties against St. John and STM. They were 0-6 the previous season. We got better as the season went along and won our final 2 games.
- The Football program had 54 Students participate, 28 on the 5/6th and 26 on the 7/8th. They had around 20 kids per team last year so we had an additional 14 students.
- Cheerleading - We had girls compete for All-American Cheerleader and 5 were recognized.
- We were invited to perform at halftime of the New Orleans Bowl on December 17th with 3 girls participating.
- Cross Country - We had 11 runners total on the CC team.
- We attended 7 CC meets.
- The runners ran 2 miles at each meet.
- ALL 11 runners set a new personal best by the end of the season.
- The fastest 2-mile completed was by Blaison Treuil at the Walker Shootout with a time of 12:51.