- 8” x 10” picture frame
- Super glue
- Modge Podge
- Black puffy paint
- Liquid food coloring, assorted colors
- Plastic ice tray
- Paint brushes
- Remove the backing of the picture frame, and super glue the glass to the frame from the inside. Let dry.
- Scoop some Modge Podge onto the front of the glass and dab around to mimic the ripples in stained glass windows. Repeat until glass is fully covered. Let dry.
- Download and print one of our stained glass patterns from brparents.com or draw your own on a blank 8” x 10” sheet of paper.
- Place the pattern on the back of the glass and trace all of the dark lines with black puffy paint on the front of the glass. Let dry for four hours.
- Depending on how many paint colors you need, fill that many ice cube compartments halfway with Modge Podge.
- Add two drops of food coloring per compartment. For blue, use two drops of blue and for green, use one drop of yellow and one drop of blue.
- Once the puffy paint has dried, begin painting your glass using thin layers of paint. You can always add more layers. Let dry.
- Remove the template from the frame.
- Display your artwork in a sunny or well-lit area.
Ready to make your own? Download one of our free templates here!