As the leaves start to change colors, and the air gets a little…let’s be honest, it’s still HOT! Like it or not, the calendar tells us that Fall is indeed approaching. Every year, we have some family traditions and activities that we partake in, no matter what the temperatures say.
Here is a Fall Bucket List that we have curated just for you to ensure maximum Fall family fun! Grab your PSL (pumpkin spice latte), cozy up, and plan out which one you’re going to do first. We challenge you to check off every one of the activities on this list to make it a super memorable Autumn for you and your family.
- Go pick apples
- Eat a caramel apple
- Try a pumpkin spice latte or a seasonal apple drink or dessert
- Bake a pie
- Eat a cider donut
- Drink apple cider
- Try something with a salted caramel flavor
- Make a bonfire and eat some s’mores with your kiddos
- Jump in a pile of leaves
- Go on a hayride
- Attend a Fall festival
- Go hunting
- Bundle up together and gaze at the stars
- Go horseback riding
- Journey through a corn maze
- Take a bike ride on a scenic trail in town
- Make seasonal decor using Fall leaves you find
- Go pick out a pumpkin
- Carve a pumpkin and save the seeds!
- Paint a pumpkin
- Make a Fall wreath
- Visit a local pumpkin patch
- Have a chili cook-off with your friends
- Take a trip to the zoo
- Go camping
- Take a nature hike
- Attend a nearby family harvest festival
- Watch or attend a local football game
- Take a day trip to a small town you’ve never been
- Light a Fall-scented candle
- Go antiquing
- Take a walking tour around your city
- Take a Fall family picture
- Switch out your wardrobe
- Have a scary movie marathon
We encourage you to rip this page out. Put it on the fridge as a reference, and get to having the best kind of fun: Fall fun!
We want our kids to look back at their childhood and be filled with fun memories and things that we did together as a family.
We can only hope to instill ideas that they enjoy and will eventually pass down to their own kids one day (far, far in the future). Somehow, Autumn flies by in a flash. We blink, and it's Christmas! We like to take advantage of the weather and beautiful foliage with this list of fun things to do in the Fall.
Get out and have a blast, and be sure to tag us in your bucket list photos on social media. ■