It’s All Good!
These diabetic-friendly chicken parmesan muffins are a nice change from the normal weeknight supper and a hit with the kids. They are full of flavor, easy to prepare, and make perfect individual portions. Serve the chicken parmesan muffins with a salad or vegetable such as cauliflower tots for a well-balanced and complete meal.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup yellow or white onion, chopped
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped or 1 tsp. dried
- ½ Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped or ½ tsp. dried
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped or 1 tsp. dried
- ⅓ cup panko or regular breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- Salt, black pepper, seasoning salt, lemon pepper, to taste
- 4 oz. part skim mozzarella, cut into cubes (1 piece for each muffin)
- ½ cup marinara or pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl, except mozzarella and marinara, until well blended.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/3 full, then place a cube of mozzarella on top of each. Divide the remaining chicken mixture into each muffin cup on top of the cube of mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Top each muffin with marinara or pasta sauce and serve. The muffins can also be topped with additional cheese and fresh basil or oregano.