Pencil Homework Door Hangers
It’s All Fun
Convincing children to do homework is a chore, and getting them to enjoy homework is an even more difficult task. This craft is a great way to get them excited to start school and homework once again. Once they make this door hanger, have them hang it outside their room whenever they’re working on homework. This is sure to make them excited for homework time!
- 4 craft sticks (optional: colored yellow)
- Craft foam in color of your choice
- Double sided tape
- Sticky letters
- Lay the craft sticks side by side, and cut a triangle and a rectangle in two different colors, using the width of the sticks as your guide.
- Using double sided tape, attach the triangle at one end and the rectangle at the other. Once you flip it over, you will see your pencil beginning to take shape!
- Cut out a small black triangle and attach it to the tip of the triangle
- Use the sticky letters to create a message such as “Doing My Homework!”, “Caution: Homework In Progress” or whatever your child chooses
- Make a loop out of ribbon and attach it to the top of your hanger