Ochsner Baton Rouge Named 2020 Hospital of the Year
Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge has been named the 2020 Hospital of the Year (Medium) by Louisiana State Nurses Association (LSNA) and Louisiana Nurse Foundation (LNF).
This award recognizes a hospital that demonstrates recognition of professional nursing and innovation in leadership, within the past year, in the described licensed bed categories.
“We are humbled to be named 2020 Hospital of the Year,” said Eric McMillen, Chief Executive Officer, Ochsner Baton Rouge. “2020 may be the most challenging year of our lives but I’m proud of the way our team has stepped up.”
1. innovation through nursing leadership and management within the hospital,
2. specific examples of organizational initiatives supportive of nursing practice,
3. evidence of RN decision making and participation in management decisions,
4. examples of recognition of RN achievements within the organization, and
5. recognition of support for nursing participation in professional/community nursing organizations.
“Nurses are the frontline caregivers at any hospital and I’m extremely proud to receive this acknowledgement from LSNA,” stated Dianne Teal, Chief Nursing Officer, Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge. “We always put patients first and that is the driving force behind our quality, safety and patient engagement.”
Earlier this year, Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge earned a place on Washington Monthly magazine’s inaugural “Top 20 Best Hospitals in America“ list. The rankings measure individual hospitals on how well they save lives, save money and serve everyone--especially low-income and minority populations within their communities.