Easy Baked Chicken Tacos
- 1/2 cup onion minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup black beans optional
- 1 cup salsa or diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 12 hard shell tacos
- 1 cup shredded cheese mozzarella, cheddar or any melting cheese
- cilantro to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden. Add the chicken, black beans, salsa, and taco seasoning. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Line taco shells in a baking dish. Spoon a few tablespoons of the chicken into each taco shell. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with a side of sour cream, lettuce, and slices of lime if desired!