DIY Watercolor Paint
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- Liquid or gel food coloring (Gel provides more vibrant colors, but is harder to mix in.)
- Mixing bowl
- Ice tray
- In a large bowl, mix the baking soda and vinegar together. Pour the vinegar slowly to minimize the effects of the chemical reaction that the two have.
- Add in the cornstarch and corn syrup.
- Mix everything together slowly until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the ice tray.
- Add colors into the compartments and stir with toothpicks. The more liquid coloring you add, the longer the mixture takes to dry.
- Let dry overnight. If you use deeper trays than an ice tray, it will take longer to dry.
- Use the “paints” like normal watercolors with water and brushes.