Creamy Stuffed French Toast
- 1 package (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 loaf challah bread, cut into 8 slices
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix cream cheese and brown sugar in small bowl until well blended. Spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture on each of 4 slices of bread. Press the other 4 slices of bread on top to form 4 sandwiches.
- Beat eggs with wire whisk in 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir in milk, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, soaking for 2 minutes on each side.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet or griddle on medium-low heat. Place sandwiches in skillet. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
- To create flavored filling variations, try stirring one of the following extracts into the cream cheese mixture until well blended:
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Maple Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Coconut Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Rum Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Orange Extract